Discover Downtown’s colourful history, outstanding architecture, and must-see landmarks on a free, historical walking tour with the Core Crew!
Thank you to everyone who joined us in 2018. Our tours are now over, but please check back here in June of 2019 for new tour dates and times!
The Downtown Business Association’s Core Crew is a team of five friendly, post-secondary students who act as Downtown Ambassadors from June to August. In their bright red jacket and caps, they are a friendly, recognizable presence in the Downtown Streets.
- Act as ambassadors of the DBA and Downtown Edmonton
- Host the DBA’s FREE, guided walking tours
- Provide helpful information to tourists and locals including transit info, directions, and information about festivals, shopping, and Downtown events.
- Represent the DBA at Downtown summer festivals and special events
- Help keep Downtown clean by taking part in Capital City Clean Up
The Core Crew’s free historical walking tours of Downtown run weekdays from June to August.
- Tours times are 1 pm Monday to Thursday, and 10 am on Friday.
- Tours start at Michael Phair Park, and finish at Edmonton City Hall.
- Online reservations are required.
Helpful Tour Details:
- Tours are approximately 2.9 kilometers long (just under 2 miles) and take about 90 minutes (90-100 minutes depending on the Funicular tour).
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and sunblock, and bring drinking water.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Because of the distance and speed at which we walk, this tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old or for people with mobility problems.
- Tours may be canceled at the last minute due to inclement weather. On rainy days check with us at 780.424.4085. Or visit our twitter feed @corecrewyeg for last minute cancellations.
- To ensure the tour is enjoyable for all, tour capacity is set at 20 people per tour.
- *NEW* We are no longer accepting drop-ins. Reservations are required for all tours.
- Tour capacity is capped at 20. Book early to ensure a spot.
- Tours are always free and there is no charge to pre-book.
- Tours are now over for 2018. Check back here June 2019 to book a spot on a tour.
Private Group Tours:
- Do you have a group of 12 to 20 people, and need to have the tour at a different time? Separate tours may be scheduled to accommodate large or corporate groups (depending on the Crew’s limited availability).
- Please note, you must have between 12 and 20 people (max) confirmed in order for us to consider your request.
- We will confirm your tour within two business days of booking.
- Tours are now over for 2018. Check back here June 2019 to book a tour.