The results are in...
Book a spot with the Core Crew for a FREE tour of Downtown!
Our quarterly magazine profiling Downtown people and events
As Independent body from the City of Edmonton, the Downtown Business Association’s primary role is to maintain and increase the vitality – both real and perceived – of the Downtown core of Edmonton. Downtown Business Association
Through its leadership in advocacy and promotion, the Downtown Business Association will Support, Connect, & Enrich Edmonton’s Downtown Community.
What does the association do?
Since 1985, the DBA has addressed its mission by producing several large events and initiatives as well as sponsoring numerous festivals and special events in our Downtown core each year. In addition, the DBA took a lead role in the implementation of the 1997 Capital City Downtown Plan, a bylaw that contained policies, programs, and nearly 80 action items intended to see Downtown flourish as the social, cultural, and economic heart of Edmonton.
The Downtown Business Association continues to:
- Provide strong support for economic development through the Business Recruitment Committee;
- Assist in the implementation of arts and cultural programming, including the Art & Design in Public Places Program - a community based initiative designed through placement of publicly funded works of art.
- Encourage City Council to adopt the City initiatives like the Façade & Street Front Improvement program, and the Capital City Cleanup program;
- Be heavily involved in major Council initiatives such as Catalyst projects, Bike Lanes, Louise McKinney Riverfront Park and Sir Winston Churchill Square redevelopment projects;
- Encourage an effective transportation network both into and within the Downtown, with special emphasis on the integration of public transit initiatives such as LRT expansion.
- Work with the City of Edmonton’s Planning Department on streetscape beautification projects like 104th Street Promenade, the Capital Boulevard Project, and the reclaiming of Jasper Avenue as Edmonton’s main boulevard.
- Address parking issues by working with the City and parking providers to incorporate a wide range of options to mitigate the naturally increasing parking pressures associated with a vibrant downtown.
We continue to work with the City and key stakeholders to deal effectively with the real and perceived issues of cleanliness, safety, and security in the Downtown.