The DBA invites Downtown businesses to get into the festive spirit and enter our 2nd Annual Holiday Window Decorating Contest.
Deck your storefront windows with boughs of holly, trees, stars, lights, other festive creations. You could win great prizes and own the bragging rights for having Downtown’s best holiday window display!
A: Who can enter?
1. The DBA Holiday Window Decorating Contest is open to any DBA member business located within our borders from 95 Street to 111 Street, and from 97 Avenue to the south side of 105 Avenue.
2. Non-DBA members located within our borders (such as community leagues, schools, condos, etc.) are welcome to enter and can compete for the People’s Choice Award.
B: What are the rules?
1. Your display must be in a window at street level. Your window must face the street or avenue.
2. Your holiday window should be on display by Friday, November 30 or sooner. It should stay up throughout the holiday season.
3. New in 2018: There is a separate category for pedways, above ground windows, and windows in large office towers.
4. Sorry. You cannot win the same prize with the same display two years in a row.
C: Where and when can I sign up?
1. Sign up by Friday, November 16. There is no cost to participate. CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION.
D: What are the categories, and how are the winners chosen?
1. Two photos of each registered participating window will be posted on our website.
2. There will be four adjudicated awards: Best Overall Window Display ($1000), Most Creative ($250), Best Theme ($250), and Best Pedway, Above Ground, or Large Office Building Window Display ($250).
3. The adjudicated awards will be judged on creativity, theme, overall presentation, and wow factor.
4. Members of the public are invited to come Downtown, shop, and vote on the People’s Choice Award ($500). They may also vote from the website, so make sure your photos are awesome!
5. Winners will be announced to the public on Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 780.424.4085