February 12, 2019
Valentine’s Day in Downtown Edmonton
Spend Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart in the heart of the city! We’ve rounded up some of Downtown’s best date night ideas for an unforgettable night out.
- Ahava means love, so a visit to Ahava Day Spa will set the mood. Choose from one of their Valentine’s Day-themed packages like a “Cinnamon Spice” body scrub with cinnamon scrub and lotion treatment, or the It Takes Two couples massage.
- If you’re newly dating, comedy and improv always makes for a great date night. Check out Wildfire Improv Festival hosted by Rapid Fire Theatre inside Citadel Theatre.
If you’ve ever seen a Cirque du Soleil show, you’ll know that it’s full of elaborate costumes and sets, upbeat music, and awe-inspiring, you-won’t-believe-they-just-did-that acrobatic stunts. Well, imagine all of that with ice skates! Cirque du Soleil brings its new show Crystal to Rogers Place February 13-17, and on Valentine’s Day they have a special Buy One Get One deal: get a second ticket for 50% off. Go ahead and treat your date to a show you won’t be able to stop talking about.
- Keep things traditional with a box of chocolates. Pick up a box of decadent locally-made chocolates from Jacek Chocolate Couture or Sweet Lollapalooza. Jacek’s Valentine’s Day line includes strawberry and champagne truffles, salted caramel hearts, and assorted chocolates (including vegan varieties) in heart-shaped boxes. At Sweet Lollapalooza, make sure to add the Lavender Kiss and Yuzu Kiss varieties into your assortment.
- Say it with flowers: pre-order a beautiful bouquet from Graham and Lane, Artworks, and Wild Orchid.
- Enjoy a decadent six-course Valentine’s meal in the beautiful Harvest Room at Fairmont Hotel MacDonald, or afternoon tea with the Sweetheart Tea and Tour. For an extra dose of romance, book a room and stay the night.
- Seafood is a known aphrodisiac, so indulge in a four-course meal at Sabor or Black Pearl. Atlas Steak and Fish is serving up a special seafood platter for two on Valentine’s Day.
- Go for a romantic stroll around the twinkling light-lit grounds of the Alberta Legislature Building.
- Engage in some friendly competition at Escape Hour, a new escape room in City Centre mall. Work together to solve a series of clues, games, and puzzles in themed rooms and try to escape before time runs out. If you book a room in advance (instead of dropping in), it’ll be private, and all games are suitable for just two people. But with up to 10 players per room, it’s a great idea for a group date.
- Enjoy free admission at Art Gallery of Alberta from 5 pm - 8 pm and check out the new Boarder X exhibit featuring the intersection of snowboarding, surfboarding, and skateboarding.