The Future of Downtown
September 23, 2021 4-6pm
Live in Ford Hall and Online
This downtown-focused forum is an opportunity for residents and businesses to hear from Mayoral candidates about their plans for the future of Edmonton’s downtown. Hear from the candidates about the critical issues facing Downtown Edmonton. Topics will include economic development and investment attraction, the arts and cultural sector, housing and homelessness, cleanliness and maintenance standards, and community safety.
This forum is open to all who are invested in the future of downtown. Attendees are invited to join in-person or virtually and will be given the opportunity to submit questions in advance and at the forum itself.
The candidates invited to participate in the forum are the top six candidates based on the publicly available polling by the end of August 2021: the Leger polling from August 3, 2021. The candidates invited include Amarjeet Sohi, Mike Nickel, Kim Krushell, Michael Oshry, Rick Comrie and Cheryll Watson. We are excited to have Chelsea Bird of 630 CHED moderate the forum.
Date: September 23, 2021
Time: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (doors open at 3:30pm)
Location: Ford Hall, Rogers Place (10220 104 Avenue)
Cost In-Person: $25 per person or $150 for a table of six -- includes light refreshments
Cost Virtually: Free
All attendees will be required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event, as well as present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 rapid test result upon entry.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination received at least 14 days before the day of the event (the full series of a Government of Canada accepted COVID-19 vaccine or combination of accepted vaccines). Either electronic or paper records from AHS, your pharmacy or MyHealthRecords will be accepted.
- In order to be considered fully vaccinated, attendees must have received their second COVID-19 vaccination on or before September 8, 2021
- MyHealthRecords: Alberta’s immunization records are easily viewed online and available on cell phones through the MyHealthRecordsapp. Please note, to activate your MyHealthRecords, you will need to allow up to 10 days to receive your activation pin in the mail.
- A negative COVID-19 rapid test result from any pharmacy that was taken within 48 hours of the event’s scheduled start time (at the earliest, September 21 at 4 PM). The closest Shoppers Drug Mart to Rogers Place is located at 10255 101 Street and has rapid tests.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times, except when actively consuming food and beverage.
We are continuing to follow both municipal and provincial guidelines and will update attendees with more information as it becomes available.
Tickets available here.
Q: When and how can I purchase my tickets?
A: You can purchase your tickets by following this link.
Q: What is included in the $25 ticket?
A: The ticket includes access to the in-person event which includes light refreshments and a cash bar.
Q: How can I watch the event virtually?
A: The event will be broadcast live to the DBA’s Youtube page
Q: Will the broadcast be available following the event?
Q: Who is allowed to join?
A: Anyone! This forum is centered around downtown Edmonton residents and businesses, so if you have an interest in the Mayoral candidates’ vision for our downtown, you are encouraged to join.
Q: Can other municipal candidates attend the event?
A: Yes, however only the top ranking Mayoral candidates in the polling completed by the end of August 2021 will be invited to speak on stage.