The Edmonton Downtown Business Association is looking for a Marketing Coordinator on a one-year contract.
The Edmonton Downtown Business Association (EDBA) is Edmonton’s largest Business Improvement Area (BIA) with more than 1,300 businesses/members within its borders that employ 70,000+ people. As the lead activator and advocate shaping Downtown Edmonton, we work on behalf of our member businesses to support and deliver a vibrant and remarkable Downtown experience, rooted in inclusion, diversity, prosperity, and resilience.
The EDBA is the Business Improvement Area (BIA) responsible for Edmonton’s Downtown business district, representing and working on behalf of the 1,200+ businesses located within our borders. We are an independent non-profit organization with a small but mighty team.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, we are seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator who will support the marketing team to ensure we are meeting our marketing & communications objectives.
Who You Are
You are very familiar with Downtown Edmonton, you love to stay in the know about what’s happening in your city, and you’re enthusiastic about supporting a vibrant urban experience, small business growth, and a thriving arts & entertainment scene. You’ll be full of ideas on how to improve internal processes and support the execution of marketing activities and campaigns. You’re a great writer and communicator, know your way around several digital content creation tools, and you have some creative storytelling experience with mediums like online articles, newsletters, videos, and social media posts.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the EDBA’s content and digital-first marketing approach where website content and social media touchpoints are a key to attracting visitors to Downtown and bringing new customers to our businesses
- Create and program content for website and social media platforms, utilizing your own skillset and in combination with external contractors and partners as required
- Maintain accuracy and relevance of website content including articles, program and event details, news and general information
- Serve as an internal contact for website maintenance, troubleshooting, and updates
- Oversee the production of EDBA’s newsletter communications for members and the public in collaboration with the marketing team
- Update newsletter and membership lists as changes are required
- Track, analyze and track the performance of marketing campaigns
- Aid in developing strategies, launching, monitoring and measurement of marketing campaigns
- Track and coordinate all EDBA sponsorship commitments and opportunities
- Assist in the administration of the EDBA’s grants and programs
- Provide other administrative support for the marketing team and CEO as required
What You Bring
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or communications or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role, either client-side or agency-side
- Strong written communication skills
- A great eye for design and high-quality visual content
- Experience working in MailChimp or similar email platforms
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices and the latest marketing trends
- Knowledge and experience in customer relationship management (CRM) systems is an asset
Who You Are
- Deeply familiar with and passionate about Downtown Edmonton, or with Edmonton small businesses and the arts & culture ecosystem
- A creative problem solver who loves taking on new challenges
- Service-oriented and comfortable building relationships and working with multiple external clients and partners
- Takes a collaborative approach to work and enjoys working in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Takes ownership of projects and works proactively and independently when required
Full-time 12-month contract
$28-$32/hour depending on skills and experience
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com by February 25, 2023.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted the week of February 26.